Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Look Back at Week 3

Week 3 has come and gone! It's hard to believe this experience is half way over already. Lesson planning is well under way for how the teachers are going to implement our research experiences into the classroom.

This week, Helen took us to the clean room for the second time. I worked with Gary, John P. and Rick to make our wafers. (Kevin made the mask the week before when we were all in the clean room). It was a great experience because my partner John W. and I are actually using small wafers. also known as cells, in our laboratory (BSAIL). I won't be using the actual wafer that I made in the clean room, but it was neat learning the processes necessary to create the wafers used in our laboratory.

On Friday this week, John took me out to UMASS to check out his old bacteria laboratory that he worked in. It was a very interesting experience, because I was able to see another laboratory besides the engineering laboratories at Boston University. John seemed right at home in his old lab and very excited to share his past experiences working in the lab.

I'm looking forward to next week because hopefully John and I are going to get started using the IRIS system!

No comments:

Post a Comment